Home     About me     Recipes      Tutorials      Projects     Link Parties      Recipes From Around The World

Thursday 29 December 2011


Microwave Brownie Mix! I love the Art of Dessert blog. They have so many egg free recipes which is great for when I'm cooking for my housemate who has an egg allergy. After trying several recipes we have a firm favourite recipe - the egg free microwave brownie which literally takes about 5 minutes to whip up! And it tastes like heaven!

I have a friend who is at university and is limited in terms of kitchen facilities (I think she has a microwave and a fridge) so I thought these brownies would be perfect for her. As one of her Christmas presents I made up a batch of the dry ingredients and put them in a jar with instructions of how to make it into a heavenly brownie. I used some Cath Kidston patterned paper to decorate the jar and included a tablespoon and quarter teaspoon measure as I am not sure if she has them! This way she can definitely make the brownies!

We have found that a couple of adjustmeants to the recipe produced a cakier brownie for us although this may be due to our microwave, anyway, I have included the recipe below with the measurements we use.

Dry ingredients


2 tbls Plain flour
2 tbls Cocoa powder
2 3/4 tbls Sugar
about 2 tbls Cadbury's Chocolate Buttons  (or chunks of dairy milk)

Wet ingredients

2 tbls water
2 tbls melted butter
1/4 tsp Vanilla extract

Mix all ingredients in a bowl and microwave for 1 1/2 minutes until cakey but still gooey
Enjoy on its own or with ice cream

My housemates and I had this as the dessert for our Christmas meal as none of us are Christmas pudding fans! It was amazing!

Love Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Heron's Crafts! I love receiving your comments - and try to answer to all comments received by email! Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...