Home     About me     Recipes      Tutorials      Projects     Link Parties      Recipes From Around The World

Friday 13 April 2012

Olympic Countdown - 15 weeks to go - London 2012 T-shirt



Thanks for stopping by for week 3 of my Olympic countdown. I am excited to share with you a tutorial and printable for my Olympic inspired t-shirt. Whatever country you support, this t-shirt will be perfect in July!



The top is decorated using a freezer paper stencil and I have included the template as a google doc - its the first time I have done this so please let me know if you are having problems accessing it and I will have a look!


Download template

Materials
1 black t-shirt/vest top
1 pot of Dylon gold fabric paint
Freezer Paper
Exacto Knife

1. Download and print template

2. Trace the flag and words onto freezer paper. You need to draw round anything on the picture that is in black - make sure that you are drawing on the non-waxy side

This is what your stencil should look like when you have cut out the correct shapes

3. Using your exacto knife, carefully cut out the shapes for the flag and words, make sure you save the middle circle from the 0 - you will need this later.

4. Lay the t-shirt on a flat surface and put a piece of cardboard in the middle to stop the paint seeping through to the back.


5. Lay the freezer paper in place on the front of the t-shirt and iron on ensuring that the template is secure. When you do this, you are melting the wax on the other side to stick it on (don't worry, it will peel off easily at the end!)
6. Make sure you iron on the reserved circle as well

7. Using a sponge or sponge brush, apply paint all over logo in an even layer


8. Leave to dry and repeat for another layer

9. I usually do 3 layers of paint but find that metallic paint has great coverage! When you are happy peel off the freezer paper.


10. Follow instructions on the paint to seal the paint in place before you wash it


If you have any questions feel free to ask! I love hearing from you guys!


Love Rebecca

Linking to...
Naptime Crafters  
Six Sisters Stuff 
Positively Splendid 
Making the World Cuter
DIY Home Sweet Home
Rae Gun Ramblings
Sew Much Ado 
Fireflies and Jellybeans 
The Grant Life 

4 comments:

  1. That turned out great. Thanks for sharing how you did, your so creative. I think you have a wonderful blog, I'm now following you. I would like to invite you to stop by my blog and share this at my Party the Sunday Round UP. @ http://www.arosiesweethome.com/
    Thanks
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comments :) I am heading over to look at your blog now :)

      Delete
  2. I love this! Love the Union Jack, thanks for the template! Saving this in my list of favorite projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. can wax paper be used instead of freezer paper?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Heron's Crafts! I love receiving your comments - and try to answer to all comments received by email! Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...