Friday, 25 May 2012
Olympic Countdown - 9 weeks to go - Patriotic Fruit Pizza
Just 9 weeks to go! The Olympic torch was carried through Gloucestershire this week. Unfortunately I wasn't there. I am in York. Revising. That is all. Except for making a fruit pizza to keep myself sane!
My housemates claim its the best thing I have made them - perfect to beat the exam blues! The base is a simple sugar cookie and the sauce is cream cheese frosting. Top with your favourite fruit - blueberries and strawberries are perfect for the Union Jack!
Sugar Cookie Base
250g plain flour
85g caster sugar
175g softened butter
1. Mix flour,sugar and butter until you have a dough. A food processor would make this easier!
2. Roll dough out on a floured board until the size of an A4 piece of paper - mine was quite thin but this is fine! (cut round sheet of paper now to get your rectangle)
3. Transfer rectangle to baking parchment lined tray (I lay the tray on top and flipped the dough and board together)
4. Bake at 160C for about 20 minutes until golden brown
5. Leave to cool
Cream Cheese Frosting
2 cups icing sugar
165g light cream cheese
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
1.Thoroughly mix all ingredients until smooth
200g Strawberries (approx)
1. Spread icing over the biscuit base
2. Top with fruit as in the picture
PS. This is basically fruit so I can claim its healthy right? That way maybe I can eat another slice...
Linking up to...
Six Sisters Stuff
Family Ever After
I Heart Naptime
Rae Gun Ramblings
Sew Much Ado
Fireflies and Jellybeans
Chocolate,Chocolate and more
The Grant Life
A Creative Princess