Happy Jubilee Weekend! We have a long weekend here in the UK with bank holidays on Monday and Tuesday! Perfect excuse to celebrate and whip up a batch of this festive popcorn! I found limited edition bags of m&ms yesterday that are red, white and blue - and now I have discovered a new love of peanut m&ms - hardly surprising considering my current love affair with peanut butter....mmm...but I digress...back to popcorn!
This recipe is great for Jubilee, 4th July, Olympics - or any other occasion you would decorate with red white and blue colours! It got the seal of approval from my housemates who admit they aren't usually that keen on popcorn!
Red, White and Blue Popcorn
makes 10 servings
3/4 cup popcorn kernels
200g white chocolate
2 x 185g bags red white and blue peanut m&ms
1. Pop popcorn kernels as per the instructions on the bag
2. Melt white chocolate in a glass bowl over a saucepan of water
3. Combine popcorn and m&ms, pour over white chocolate and stir until all coated.
4. Spread out on a baking sheet for at least 3-4 hours until completely set
As with my cookies and cream popcorn I have made printable labels for you to present your popcorn in the cutest way possible! As well as the Jubilee popcorn labels, I made some 4th of July labels for you!
1. Download the google doc
2. Print labels onto thin card
3. Cut out and fold in half
4. Staple to the top of your bag of popcorn
Making the World Cuter
Rae Gun Ramblings
Sew Much Ado
Fireflies and Jellybeans
A Creative Princess
Six Sisters Stuff
Family Ever After
Cheerios and Lattes