Home     About me     Recipes      Tutorials      Projects     Link Parties      Recipes From Around The World

Saturday 16 June 2012

New York Shopper




I am so excited to say that I will be off to New York in August! I have wanted to go to New York forEVER!  Fuelled by films and TV shows like Friend and Sex and the City - It is one of those places that has always held a place in my imagination! So this year, me and my mum will be flying out to NYC for 4 days! I literally cannot wipe the smile off my face!

To celebrate I made this shopper bag. Inspired by these retro Disney t-shirts, I used a retro poster as a basis for a freezer paper stencil. (search retro New York Poster into Google images and see what you come up with!)

source
I saved this picture and used PowerPoint to adjust the colouring to black and white. I made a freezer paper stencil by cutting out all the black bits (the Statue, skyline and border) (see full tutorial here) and painted the plain canvas shopper bag with black fabric paint! I touched up the writing with some silver fabric paint to finish!

Have you been to New York? Any tips/must see recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Have a great weekend

Love Rebecca

Linking up to a selection of these great Link Parties

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! My only tip is to remember that New York is a foreign country! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Heron's Crafts! I love receiving your comments - and try to answer to all comments received by email! Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...