Home     About me     Recipes      Tutorials      Projects     Link Parties      Recipes From Around The World

Sunday 9 September 2012

Warner Brothers Studios - The Making of Harry Potter

On Friday I finally got down to Leavesden to visit the Making of Harry Potter at the Warner Brothers Studios! I went with my parents and we all agreed it was a FANTASTIC day! I would wholeheartedly recommend a visit to any Harry Potter Fan!

Entrance to Dumbledore's Office

Following a short movie introduction from Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint we were shown into the Great Hall itself. From here, the tour is self guided and you can see the sets for the Burrow, the Gryffindor common room, Dumbledore's office and so many more! 


As well as sets, costumes are on display and there are videos throughout explaining more about the processes involved in things such as Quidditch and animal actor training!

Hagrid's Hut

After we had looked round the many many sets, props and costumes on display in the first building, we headed out into a courtyard area featuring Privet Drive, the Knight Bus and the Bridge that features at Hogwarts from the third film onwards. 


Hogwarts Bridge 

Of course this is where you can buy your very own cup of ButterBeer! And I must say that I really enjoyed it although I am at a complete loss at how to describe the flavour to you - kind of fizzy and sweet and not so all at the same time! Here is mine in my souvenir cup (probably the cheapest souvenir you could get!)



The second building houses Diagon Alley in all its glory - we spotted Ollivanders, Madam Malkins and of course, Weasley's Wizards Weezes!


And the finale...the scale model of Hogwarts that is used for the aerial and general building shots in the movie! This is really so impressive and amazing to walk around - possibly one of my favourite bits!



And there you have it...a Grand Day Out! 

So what are you waiting for...visit and experience the magic for yourself!

P.S. Did you notice the Gryffindor headband I am sporting? I will be posting on how you can make your own Hogwarts headband in due course.
(because there was no way I could afford anything in that gift shop  -£8 for a chocolate frog - really!?)

P.P.S. I also REALLY want to download the Complete Set of Harry Potter books to my Kindle and read them all over again and I am well up for the challenge of watching all 8 movies consecutively (yes that would take me 22 hours) - I just need to find someone as keen as me to help me stay awake!

Love Rebecca

1 comment:

  1. Last winter, I was completing a rather large crafting project and watched all the Harry Potter movies while doing it... It wasn't consecutive because this girl needs her sleep, but I loved watching them all back to back!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Heron's Crafts! I love receiving your comments - and try to answer to all comments received by email! Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...