Home     About me     Recipes      Tutorials      Projects     Link Parties      Recipes From Around The World

Friday 19 October 2012

Guest Post from A Creative Princess: Story Book Craft Project - Little House on the Prairie

I am really excited to welcome Terri who has written the first guest post in The Storybook Craft Project -
I love Terri's blog and always link up to her great weekly party! You should definitely check it out!
 This project is fantastic and I am now on the hunt for a copy of these books to read!
Without further ado I will hand over to the fabulous Terri...

***

Hi, I'm Terri from A Creative Princess. I was so excited when Rebecca contacted me about doing a guest post for her Storybook Craft Project. Thank you so much, Rebecca, for having me here!

I have always loved the Little House on the Prairie books and had the whole set when I was growing up.


I even bought the set for my daughter when she was young.



Can I tell you how thrilled I was when they actually did a show with that cutie Michael Landon as Pa?!! Made me go read the whole series all over again!

Oops, sorry, back to the craft I did.



My husband brought me home some grids from windows he had replaced.
Perfect for this project!



I cut foam board to the size to fit for the grids and marked the openings.



Then mod-podged paper to each of the spaces...



and then glued the grid piece to the top of it.



I added velcro to the back of the books to adhere to the frame. I didn't glue them because I wanted to be able to take the books off if I wanted to take them down and read them again on a cold winter's night.



It still looked a little plain, so I added jute around all the edges.



Now those "feel good" books have a permanent home in the kids' play room. I'm so sorry that photo is bad, it's been gloomy and rainy here for days!

Thank you, Rebecca, for having me and bringing back those warm memories!


5 comments:

  1. That is such a great idea. Love that look and loved all those books. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cute for a kids room! I would love to do that with their fav books from when they were a little one! Thanks for sharing the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! I think this would be great to showcase favourite books :) Have a great day!

      Delete
  3. That's an amazing idea! Decorations that are also readable and swappable. What a great plan :)

    Sarah @ A Cat-Like Cusiosity

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable and so original! Thanks for sharing at Keep Calm and Link Up!
    Barbara at Chase the Star
    chasethestar dot net

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Heron's Crafts! I love receiving your comments - and try to answer to all comments received by email! Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...