HAPPY FRIDAY! Do you have that Friday feeling? That ready for the weekend itch? I am right there with you! Seriously my to do list for today ran away from me and instead I baked cookies.
Wow. Student fail right there!
You may have noticed that this post is later than usual - another fail on my part but I was awaiting for some daylight to take the pictures and as with my schedule I am usually never home in daylight hours, hence the delay!
Do you love Kipper?
Isn't he just the CUTEST character ever! I loved the Kipper books as a kid and still do as an adult! So this week I decided to make a very cuddly Kipper cushion!
Made out of white and browny/orangey fleece, this is an easy cushion to make and the end result is soft and squishy and lovely!
Black embroidery thread
1. Cut 2 ovals out of the brown fleece
2. Cut a mouth piece oval (as in picture) out of the white fleece
3. Cut a nose shape out of leather scraps
4. Cut four ear shapes from brown fabric - make sure that you have two pairs that will fit right side together
1. Sew two ear pieces together (right sides facing), turn the right way out and stuff, repeat with other ear pieces
2. Sew the white muzzle area to one brown oval
3. Sew on the nose - I hand-stitched as my machine hates leatherette!
3. Using embroidery thread, sew the mouth, eyes and eyebrows - I used back stitch for this!
4. Place the two ears right side together, pin. Sandwich the ears in at the top so the main portion is within the middle of the fleece. Sew all the way round, leaving a 3" gap for turning out
5. Turn right side out and stuff
6. Whip stitch the gap closed
Join me next week for a festive Storybook Crafts Project
Hope you have a happy weekend!