Home     About me     Recipes      Tutorials      Projects     Link Parties      Recipes From Around The World

Tuesday 30 July 2013

One Big Project

Things are still quiet here on Heron's Crafts and I suppose that is because I haven't got any wonderful crafty things to share with you. Between sorting out my flat for next year and prepping for my PGCE course, I haven't had much chance to get creative. 

Except for one big project which is taking up any creative efforts I do manage to squeeze in! 
I am making a duvet cover for my new flat. This involves 500 strips of fabric sewn into 36 square blocks. Needless to say, the cutting out alone has taken a considerable amount of time! I spent nearly two days cutting out and I watched Princess Diaries while I worked (Amazing discovery that the actress who plays Christina Yang in Grey's Anatomy is Vice Principle Gupta in Princess Diaries - I was overly excited about this, but you had probably already noticed!).

Anywho... here is a sneak preview of one of the blocks, I have sewn 10, so just 26 to go!



What are you working on right now?

Love Rebecca

Image Map

3 comments:

  1. What pretty fabric! I recently took a quilting class, but haven't had time for it since! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it's going to look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bright colours! I imagine that's going to take a while but will be worth it in the end. I'm cross stitching like a mad woman at the mo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Heron's Crafts! I love receiving your comments - and try to answer to all comments received by email! Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...